Decent of experts and consultants of the NGO “Poruch” landed in the hospitable Donbas, where on March 16-17 in the Palace of Culture named after E.Martynov in the city of Bakhmut was held a community festival within the framework of the project “Promoting stabilization of communities in Donbass”, which was implemented by the Mission of the International Organization for Migration and funded by the Government of Japan.
The event began with a welcome speech of the Deputy Ambassador of Japan, the MOM program manager – Ms Esther Ruiz de Azua, MOM representative Vladimir Cuzco and head of the city of Bakhmut – Reva A., who presented the last year’s project results.
Totally to the project were involved more than 200 active members of the local communities from Kramatorsk, Boriwski, Druzhkovka, Kostiantynivka, Lysychansk, Severodonetsk, Svyatohirsk and Bakhmut. Civic activists shared their results on the cohesion of local communities and internally displaced people and presented the implemented projects, which were aimed to restore cultural and educational centers in the cities and towns of Donetsk region. Also, all participants had an opportunity to enjoy the creative products of craftsmen and craftswomen from representatives of NGOs “Liga” and “Dobro” and talented and creative local teams, project beneficiaries.
Representatives were invited to take part in the expert platform, which was held by the experts and advisors of NGO “Poruch”.
- Yana Bryk (Advisor to the Kakhovka Mayor, managing executive of social projects of the NGO “Poruch”) conducted a mini-lecture with the simulation game “Public Hearings: The goals and objectives”.
- CEO of the NGO “Poruch”, Ph.D. in economics, associate professor of Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economic University, Mariya Tyshchenko conducted role-playing game “Social Dialogue”.
- Volunteer of the NGO “Poruch”, lecturer of Borys Grinchenko Kyiv University Nadezhda Govorun presented a “World Cafe” technique in order to discuss such burning issues of the communities as finding resources for village infrastructure development, a systematic approach to youth civic education and leisure of the community members.
- Consultant and Project Manager, Ph.D.in economics, associate professor of Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economic University – Skytova Anna held a master class and role – play on the following topic: “Ways to overcome difficulties during the project implementation. Tools for effective project management”.
- Volunteer, expert and Ph.D. in Economics, associate professor – Oksana Melnyk prepared the training “Authority classification and its impact on solving problems of the community.”
- Oleg Lashchuk – the President of Franchising Development Federation in Ukraine held a mini-lecture on “Perspectives of franchising in Ukraine.”
At the end of the event, experts of the NGO “Poruch” held a joint lecture, which revealed the issue of building strategic partnerships between the communities and local authorities and showed social promo video “The Peace with Mouth of the Kids” (producer Alexander Rumyantsev).