The event united 32 youth activists and youth workers from Ukraine, Armenia, Czech Republic, France, Georgia, Hungary, Italy, Luxembourg and Russia.
The project is aimed at strengthening the role of young people in promotion diversity and maintaining dialogue with European communities facing the problem of refugees; developing practical competencies of participants in the promotion of human rights, fight against the hate speech online; strengthening the role of youth workers in inclusive processes.
Referring to intercultural and non-formal educational techniques such as group discussions, presentations, sharing personal experience, simulation exercises and networking, participants discussed the following topics:
– peace-building and competences of a “peace worker”;
– causes of refugee crisis, geopolitical situation in the Middle East;
– human rights: definition and implementation;
– integration of refugees and internally-displaced people in host communities;
– hate speech online and fight against it.
In addition, the coaches presented the successful cases of refugee integration in Armenia and Luxembourg. Meanwhile, guest experts shared their experience on integration and work with refugees.
Thus, the participants not only increased their competence in promotion diversity and tolerance, integration of refugees and IDPs in their countries, but also established contacts with partners for the future cooperation.