On the 5-13 June 2016 by the invitation of the European Institute of Saarland University (city Saarbryuken, Germany) experts of the NGO “Poruch” – Dluhopolskyy Alexander and Tyshchenko Mariia participated in the Spring School in European Integration “Human Rights as a Key for Democracy ” supported by the Office of Federal Foreign Affairs and the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
Spring school brought together about 20 researchers in economics, law, sociology, political sciences from Germany and Ukraine, who had an opportunity to learn more about the problems of modern Europe, European integration and protection of the people of the Eastern Partnership and others during the period of intensive training. Special attention was paid to the urgent need of interdisciplinary researches, the quality of the scientific and educational work, intercultural communication from the prospective of further cooperation between scientists from Ukraine and Germany in the framework of the projects Horizon 2020, Erasmus +, DAAD. Saarland University, where the spring school was held, is known for its long history, beginning from 1948, the intensive educative programs at 8 faculties, large number of foreign students (from 18 thousands students 17% are foreigners), active support of the interdisciplinary areas research.
- Dr. Pascal Hector, Foreign Office Germany “Accession Process and Enlargement of the EU”;
- Prof., Dr. Thomas Giegerich, Director of the Europa-Institut “Charter of Fundamental Rights of the EU and Human Rights Protection in Europe”;
- Dr. Zlatan Meskic, University of Zenica “History of European Integration”;
- Dr. Georg Ress, Europa-Institut “The EU and Human Rights”;
- Andreas Marchetti, University of Bonn “The Neighborhood Policy of the EU”;
- Dr. Gerd Morgenthaler, University of Siegen “Globalization and Power Politics in the 21-st Century”.
To the attention of the participants were also proposed several case-studies on issues of democracy, social choice, and a study visit to the city Strasbourg.
In the Council of Europe, European Court of Human Rights, participants had the opportunity to meet with experts and discuss the political and economic situation in Ukraine.