On the 10-17 of May at the Vadym Hetman Kyiv National Economic University under UNDP / EU, was held training “Local Development oriented on communities” under UNDP / EU, made by the coordinator of the Resource Center for Sustainable Development, an expert of the NGO “Poruch”, Associate Professor Vera Usyk, who became a certified trainer of the project in February.
Active participation in the training also took the activists of the NGO “Poruch” – Christina Hyrenko and Vladyslav Dementiev.
As part of the training were conducted 6 modules on topics:
- I am an active person. Teamwork.
- Social mobilization in communities.
- Effective communication in the community.
- Identifying needs in the community. Project management.
- Conflicts and solutions. Facilitation and mediation in the community.
- From idea to implementation. How to attract resources for solving problems in the community.
During couple of days, the participants discussed their vision of the leader, its main features; found main features of the cooperation and teamwork; discussed the ways of mobilizing youth for action in the community through the interactive methods; met with the major innovations of decentralization and myths that exist in relation to the reform, and in focus-groups offered the main directions as how universities can promote reform.
As a part of the training participants went on study tour to s.Korzhi in Kyiv region, where active community for several years cooperates with the MRG.
As a result, participants in a small micro groups filled six application forms for the micro-grants from the EU / UNDP.